LGC’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic
LGC’s COVID-19 activities
Underpinned by its world-leading measurement science, LGC’s COVID-19 response includes provision of critical test components, quality control solutions and contribution to international standards and research.
Further information from some of our experts:
- Challenges and importance of standardisation of COVID-19 diagnostic measurement
- Quality controls in COVID-19 diagnostic testing
- Proficiency testing/EQA for SARS-COoV-2 virus testing by PCR
Provision of critical components to support the global testing effort.
LGC provides reagents and other components for COVID-19 test kits in active use in labs around the world as well as those in development. It also supplies a range of PCR-based products to support COVID-19 testing: high throughput detection instruments, master mix, reverse transcriptase, and nucleic acid extraction reagents.
LGC is working with major IVD companies, clinical laboratories, governments and regulatory agencies globally to help drive testing volumes.
LGC’s Immunogenicity Centre of Excellence has successfully developed a COVID-19 antibody assay that is suitable for both serum and dried blood sampling.
LGC’s new assay can analyse up to 40,000 samples per day using serum or capillary blood collected remotely with Neoteryx’s Mitra® microsampling device.
Provision of quality control solutions to establish efficacy and accuracy
LGC is a critical supplier of controls, reference materials and proficiency testing to IVD companies, clinical laboratories, governments and regulators around the world. These include the AccuPlex™ SARS-CoV-2 Verification Panel and Reference Material Kit, which is designed to verify assays and ongoing performance during routine testing. LGC also offers Proficiency Testing schemes for COVID-19 testing to ensure that laboratories’ application of methods and subsequent results are reliable and accurate.
Contribution to international standards and research
As part of its role as a UK National Measurement Laboratory, LGC is working with the global metrology community in the standardisation of COVID-19 test methods. LGC’s specialist products and services are also being delivered to industry, universities and other research institutes to help in the development of better diagnostics and treatments for the disease.
NEWS - LGC’s COVID 19 response
- LGC releases SARS-CoV-2 & influenza multiplexed molecular quality solutions
- LGC COVID-19 antibody assay processes up to 40,000 tests per day in UK
- NML participates in Coronavirus research
- LGC expands SARS-CoV-2 serology offering with 11-member positive-patient Performance Panel
- NML at LGC joins more than 500 scientists in 18 countries to map COVID-19 effects and treatments in patients’ blood
- LGC expands SARS-CoV-2 offering to include serology quality solutions
- LGC working closely with customers and partners to expedite detection solutions
- LGC's innovative SARS-CoV-2 Quality Solutions now includes S gene
- LGC’s ValuPanel reagents help public laboratories detect SARS-CoV-2 virus
- LGC's NML team is supporting government efforts to measure COVID-19
- LGC's COVID-19 response - Tim Robinson, CEO
- LGC Coronavirus Proficiency Test offers laboratories quality assurance
- LGC expedites support to COVID-19 response efforts
- LGC, Biosearch Technologies detection reagents approved by CDC for COVID-19 diagnosis
- LGC expands production of AccuPlex™ COVID-19 reference materials to support global diagnostic assay development efforts