LGC’s COVID-19 activities
Underpinned by its world-leading measurement science, LGC’s COVID-19 response includes provision of critical test components, quality control solutions and contribution to international standards and research.
Provision of critical components to support the global testing effort
LGC provides reagents and other components for COVID-19 test kits in active use in labs around the world as well as those in development. LGC is working with major IVD companies, clinical laboratories, governments and regulatory agencies globally to help drive testing volumes and meet associated quality control requirements.
LGC also supplies a range of PCR-based products to support COVID-19 testing: high throughput detection instruments, master mix, reverse transcriptase, and nucleic acid extraction reagents.
Please click here to buy our Biosearch Technologies products.
Provision of quality control solutions to establish efficacy and accuracy
LGC is a critical supplier of controls, reference materials and proficiency testing to IVD companies, clinical laboratories, governments and regulators around the world. These include the AccuPlex™ SARS-CoV-2 Verification Panel and Reference Material Kit, which is designed to verify assays and ongoing performance during routine testing. LGC also offers Proficiency Testing schemes for COVID-19 testing to ensure that laboratories’ application of methods and subsequent results are reliable and accurate.
Contribution to international standards and research
As part of its role as a UK National Measurement Laboratory, LGC is working with the global metrology community in the standardisation of COVID-19 test methods. LGC’s specialist products and services are also being delivered to industry, universities and other research institutes to help in the development of better diagnostics and treatments for the disease.
Please click here for further information about our NML work.
NEWS - LGC’s COVID 19 response
- LGC working closely with customers and partners to expedite detection solutions
- LGC's innovative SARS-CoV-2 Quality Solutions now includes S gene
- LGC’s ValuPanel reagents help public laboratories detect SARS-CoV-2 virus
- LGC's NML team is supporting government efforts to measure COVID-19
- LGC's COVID-19 response - Tim Robinson, CEO
- LGC Coronavirus Proficiency Test offers laboratories quality assurance
- LGC expedites support to COVID-19 response efforts
- LGC, Biosearch Technologies detection reagents approved by CDC for COVID-19 diagnosis
- LGC expands production of AccuPlex™ COVID-19 reference materials to support global diagnostic assay development efforts