Using Excel spreadsheets for data analysis in testing laboratories
This course can be delivered as an online course or as an onsite course at your own location. To discuss your requirements please contact us.
Data analysis is a vital aspect of the work of an analytical scientist, and it is often facilitated by using Excel spreadsheets. Excel may be used to carry out the statistical analysis of data, automate the production of results and aid data trackability. The effective use of Excel for the evaluation of data requires an understanding of its functions and the correct use of statistics. This course is aimed at analysts and covers the main Excel functions commonly applied to data analysis. The course will include hands-on workshops using laptops to facilitate the application of theory.
What are the benefits?
This course will help you:
- Understand the main Excel functions used to evaluate analytical data
- Calculate the most commonly used statistical parameters
- Produce calibration plots
- Use linear and polynomial regression in calibration
- Maintain integrity of analytical data.
The course will cover:
- Designing clear data tables
- Using basic calculation functions
- Using functions and formulas to produce reliable results
- Using pivot tables
- Best practice in protecting and linking cells and spreadsheets
- Plotting charts, linear regression, polynomial regression
- Using the data analysis add-in to carry out statistical analysis of data.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at analysts who are beginning to use Excel for tasks such as summarising data (using basic functions and formulas), producing calibration curves, or statistical analysis. The course will also be useful for anyone who is self-taught and looking to fill any gaps in their knowledge.
The course focuses on the practical application of Excel and is suitable for those with limited or no prior experience of using Excel.