Laboratory management – role of the quality manager and technical management
|TRLM58||Online||09 Aug 2021||3 days||£1,350.00 +VAT||Book now|
|TRLM59||Staines||18 Oct 2021||3 days||£1,350.00 +VAT||Book now|
|TRLM60||Online||06 Dec 2021||3 days||£1,350.00 +VAT||Book now|
|TRLM61||Staines||21 Feb 2022||3 days||£1,350.00 +VAT||Book now|
UKAS provides this course. The courses are provided virtually and will be provided face-to-face when current Covid-19 restrictions allow it.
All laboratories need to have sound business processes to enable them to deliver technically sound calibrations and tests to their clients. When a laboratory is seeking to have its competence recognised through accreditation by UKAS, these processes must also enable the laboratory to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025.
What are the benefits?
This course will help you:
- Understand how the business processes of your laboratory can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Understand the roles of quality manager and technical management.
The course will cover:
- Laboratory structure and roles of QM and TM
- Organisation charts
- Quality management system
- Job descriptions
- Laboratory facilities, services and supplies
- Equipment and reference materials
- Purchasing equipment and calibration programme.
- Personnel training and records
- Requests, tenders, contracts and subcontracting
- Documentation and document control process
- Test and calibration methods
- Method validation
- Customer samples and items.
- Calibration and test performance
- Work sheets
- Management controls (QC and internal audit)
- Audit schedule planning
- Non-conforming work
- Records (including opinions and interpretations).
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories who have responsibility for the technical or quality management of the tests or calibrations performed.