Understanding ISO/IEC 17025 - requirements for analytical laboratories
- 1 day
ISO/IEC 17025, ‘General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’ is the current international standard for the accreditation of testing and calibration laboratories.The standard provides an internationally recognised basis for laboratories to ensure and demonstrate the quality of their results. It is essentially a list of competence criteria which the laboratory needs to meet by implementing an effective quality system. For laboratories to implement the standard effectively, staff need to have an understanding of the need for accreditation and of the main requirements of the standard. This course covers the standard and its application in detail and includes the changes introduced in the recently published 3rd edition. The course will clarify concepts and terminology and demonstrate their application through practical workshops.
Download the course programme.
What are the benefits?
This course will help you:
- Understand the benefits of a formal quality management system
- Gain a better understanding of the management requirements of the standard
- Interpret and meet the technical requirements of the standard
- Create and maintain effective quality management systems.
The course will cover:
Who should attend?
- The ISO/IEC 17025 standard: clauses and guidance notes
- Structure of quality management systems
- Key components of the standard
- The role of UKAS
The course is aimed at laboratory managers, quality managers and analysts in both accredited analytical laboratories and laboratories seeking accreditation. This course will help embed within organisations the requirements for obtaining and maintaining accreditation.