Laboratory management - role of the Quality Manager and technical management
- *Denham or ** Coventry
- 3 days
- £1300 +VAT, £1350 + VAT after March 2019
15 Jan 2019
02 Apr 2019
17 Sep 2019
This training course covers the integration of the requirements of the laboratory accreditation standard, ISO/IEC 17025 within laboratory business processes. The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) provides this course.
Download the course programme.
What are the benefits?
The course will help you:
- Understand how the business processes of your laboratory can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Have a basis for deciding which tasks fall within the remit of your quality management and technical management
- Be able to identify the various responsibilities for overall laboratory management
- Understand how effective management controls can be implemented.
The course will cover:
- Structural requirements
- Impartiality and confidentiality
- Laboratory facilities, conditions, equipment and reference materials
- Metrological traceability
- Management of externally provided services.
- Review of requests, tenders, and contracts
- Methods (including selection, verification, validation and sampling)
- Evaluation of measurement uncertainty
- Handling items
- Ensuring the validity of results
- Management system, documentation and control of records and information
- Reporting of results (including opinions and interpretations).
- Management systems – Option A or B
- Risks and opportunities for improvement
- Internal audit
- Non-conforming work, corrective actions and complaints
- Management review.
Who should attend?
Personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories who have responsibility for the technical or quality management of the tests or calibration performed.