Laboratory management - role of the Quality Manager and technical management
- *Denham Grove or **Double Tree Hilton Coventry
- 3 days
- £1270 + VAT, £1300 +VAT after March 2018
This training course covers the integration of the requirements of the laboratory accreditation standard, ISO/IEC 17025 within laboratory business processes. The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) provides this course.
Download the course programme.
What are the benefits?
The course will help you:
- Understand how the business processes of your laboratory can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Understand the roles of the quality manager and technical management
The course will cover:
- Laboratory structure to ensure integrity and competence
- Quality management system as a framework for the business processes
- Laboratory facilities, services and supplies
- Ensuring competence - equipment
- Ensuring competence - reference materials.
- Personnel training and records
- The review process - tenders, contracts and requests
- Documentation and documentation control process
- Ensuring competence - test and calibration methods
- Handling of samples and items from customers for calibration and test.
- Ensuring competence - performance of calibration and tests
- Ensuring competence - management controls
- Identifying potential and actual non-conforming work
- Process of recording and storage retrieval of records
- Reporting results to client including opinions and interpretations
- Complaints process
Who should attend?
Personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories who have responsibility for the technical or quality management of the tests or calibration performed.