An apprenticeship with LGC is a genuine alternative to university as you can start earning and learning at the same time. You will be working alongside experts in their field who will nurture, guide, support and provide you with the necessary requirements needed for the job, providing you with skills you will then have for life. You will have real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your apprenticeship and funded training relevant to your role.
Why an apprenticeship?
- An accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry-recognised professional qualification
- On the job training to help you develop new skills and gain relevant career experience
- A competitive starting salary which will rise as you continue to increase your performance and contribution to our success
- Apprenticeships are open to all ages who want to learn a new skill whilst earning a full time salary
- Flexible benefit packages, generous holiday entitlement and seasonal discounts through Perkbox
- Are you looking for the chance to build something long-term, and get support to learn the technical skills you need to build a career in the life sciences industry?
- Are you ready to be customer-focused and learn how LGC helps change people’s lives and makes a difference to society?
- Are you prepared to invest time and effort to study for professional qualifications relevant to your role?
- Do your attitude and personal attributes reflect LGC’s values and behaviours?
Interested? We offer apprenticeships that are both scientific and business-based:
We offer a three year training position which will allow the successful candidate to develop a wide range of laboratory skills via work experience and 'in-house' training. Successful candidates will work towards obtaining a level 5 Apprenticeship and potentially a degree in science, without the expense of going to university.
Internal training will be provided on all our relevant procedures and quality systems. For the first year, the successful candidate will work within our technician and sample management groups, learning about the business and processes with the opportunity to move into one of our operations departments to assist our scientists in the analysis of samples and interpretation of data using a number of different chemical and biological techniques.
The ideal candidate will have 2 A levels (or equivalent) in any subject (science subjects would be preferable but not essential). They will also be a good team player, keen to learn, willing to help others and be curious with a genuine desire to develop a career in science.
An apprenticeship in business at LGC is a great way to launch your career in a corporate office environment. You will receive full training while you work, supporting you to get ahead within a varied, busy, commercial environment.
The successful candidate will be given a wide range of responsibilities, which includes working on mini projects, owning activities through to completion alongside an opportunity to gain exposure to a number of exciting new initiatives. "My apprenticeship allows me to work with all departments so no two days are the same" – Jake, Business Apprentice, LGC.
We advertise apprenticeships in areas such as: Business, Finance, HR and many more. The ideal candidate will have 2 A levels (or equivalent) in any subject. They will also be a good team player, keen to learn, willing to help others and be curious.