Biopharmaceuticals - large molecule LC-MS / HR-MS
Protein LC-MS – Mass spectrometry for the quantification of proteins
Our pioneering application of mass spectrometry based methodologies for the quantitation of biologicals gave rise to LGC’s Protein LC-MS Centre of Excellence.
Protein LC-MS provides a complementary technique to enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) enabling both top-down (analysis of intact proteins) and bottom-up (analysis of proteolytically cleaved fragments) approaches.
We have now been working in this field for over 10 years and have created a robust workflow for the rapid, accurate protein quantitation. It brings a number of advantages to our clients;
- Eliminates the need for synthesis of antibodies
- Shorter assay development times
- Wider dynamic range
- Improved specificity
Our capabilities include the latest mass spectrometry instrumentation and our experience includes many study and molecule types;
- Monoclonal antibody (mAbs including bispecific antibodies) quantification in biological matrices with or without protein level sample purification
- Fusion protein quantification using immunoaffinity capture sample clean up
- Endogenous protein quantification and characterisation
- Degradation Investigations
- Peptide Quantification
- Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) total mAb, conjugated and free drug and DAR determination