Biomarkers (LC-MS & ligand binding)
Biomarkers are increasingly important in pharmaceuticals development and have a wide range of potential clinical utilities. In particular is early phase decision making as indicators of safety and efficacy. We have a wealth of experience in detection and quantitation of biomarkers in a wide variety of matrices.
Our therapeutic specialities include metabolic disorders (including diabetes and cardiovascular disease), inflammatory disorders (including rheumatoid arthritis), respiratory diseases (including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and anti-infectives.
Our biomarker services can be adapted to your specific requirements:
- Assay development - Feasibility assessment, establishment and development with a wide variety of analytical methodologies, species and matrices.
- Validation - Leading expertise in helping clients develop the most appropriate strategies for validation based on the purpose of the biomarker. We validate both in-house and commercial assays to GCP or GLP standards in line with current regulations.
- Quantification - As a measure of drug safety or efficacy, or to prove a new drug’s mechanism of action. We have the capability for small and large molecules, molecular diagnostics and cell based assays.
- Capacity - As a pioneer in new analytical approaches and technology, LGC has invested in a broad range of analytical platforms and has one of the largest bioanalytical facilities with more than 200 scientists dedicated to drug development. This allows us to deliver a broad range biomarker solutions including the most large and complex clinical programmes.
- Methods and instrumentation - our cutting-edge laboratories are equipped with the latest technology, including three PerkinElmer Envision plate readers enabling a broad scope of immunochemical capabilities, our LC-MS service, Gyros xP (Gyrolab™), Luminex XMap (Magpix), MSD™, Singulex Erenna, automated clinical analysers (e.g. Immulite/Randox Daytona).
- Flow Cytometry - We offer a range of assays to meet your pre-clinical to late phase drug development. With two Beckman Coulter CytoFLEX, 13-colour, flow cytometers we are well equipped to meet your bioanalytical needs.