Banned substance testing in supplements
Supported by UK Sport, LGC, has pioneered a supplement testing service*.
The service assists the nutritional supplement and sports nutrition industries with process and quality control procedures and reassures customers that products are free from relevant contamination with prohibited substances.
Manufacturers can choose to have their tested products listed on our tested product list.
We also carry out testing for Informed-Sport and Informed-Choice supplement testing programmes.
- Test for prohibited substances – the supplement screen detects a wide range of banned anabolic steroids and stimulants including THG, nandrolone and MDMA (ecstasy)
- Fully managed – we provide logistical support for testing including secure sample storage
- Accurate and flexible – our highly sensitive tests can detect contamination down to 10ng/g for steroids and 100ng/g for stimulants. A wide range of products including powders, liquids, gels, capsules, bars and tablets can be tested
- Online listing – manufacturers can choose to have tested products listed on the LGC sports nutrition website directory. They may also choose to join the Informed-Choice or Informed-Sport testing programmes.
* for a list of tests accredited to ISO17025, please refer to our schedule of accreditation. This is available from the UKAS website or by application from LGC