Sample management and logistics
At our site in Fordham, we have over 50 years’ experience of sample management and logistics. Since 1963, we have been providing bespoke sample management services and logistical solutions. Anything from assembling and delivering bespoke sample collection kits, working with couriers to organise the pick-up and delivery of shipments, or providing secure storage of samples. Our flexibility, experience and network of trusted contacts around the world means we can provide completely customised logistical support, designed around your needs and supported by our comprehensive management processes and systems.
Sample collection kits
LGC provides sample collection kits for blood, urine and hair, which are used worldwide for sports doping control. The kits contain everything needed for regulatory compliant sample collection and come in a pre-labelled box ready to return to the laboratory for analysis. For doping control, sample bottles are double tamper evident and International Air Transport Association (IATA) compliant, meaning your samples get back to us safely and securely.
- Secure – double tamper evident bottles, 'sealed at event' label and IATA compliant
- Simple – everything you need in one kit, including all the paperwork, needles, syringes, bar-code labels, bags and gloves
- Bespoke – complete or custom kits to meet all requirements
- Environmentally friendly –compact design reduces impact of production and disposal.
Sample and kit logistics
We have established partnerships with many of the world’s leading same-day and next-day courier and logistical service providers. Working with our partners, we can offer managed global kit distribution, scheduled and ad-hoc sample collection and tracking services.
We have a fully automated stock management system, so can process orders quickly and efficiently and, in many cases, provide next day or even same day delivery.
Sample management and secure storage
To maintain the integrity of your results, the collection kits, samples and data have to be handled and stored correctly. Not only do you need to know that no-one can tamper with them, you also need to be sure they will not degrade, be damaged or lost. At LGC we offer secure, independent long-term storage of samples and kits, traceable using our laboratory information management system (LIMS), and controlled using our Environmental Monitoring System. We also store data securely in physical or electronic formats.
- Storage – secure storage facilities with electronic log-in and cataloguing for a range of biological matrices and at controlled temperatures from -80°C to Ambient
- Data – data archiving, electronic or hard-copy
- Sample Integrity – test your ‘A’ samples and then store them, along with unopened ‘B’ samples, for progressive testing or re-testing
- Monitored Conditions –storage under controlled ambient, refrigerated,-20°C or -80°C conditions with continuous monitoring and alarms for temperature excursions events.
- Sample Retrieval – all samples and kits are logged on our laboratory information management system (LIMS) so that they can be retrieved as and when required.