Our team of internationally-recognised research scientists have the expertise to resolve a wide variety of bioanalytical and chemical challenges
We have been drawing on our industry-leading knowledge of chemical and bioanalytical measurement science, coupled with our access to leading-edge analytical instrumentation and excellence in project management to provide answers for a wide variety of technical challenges on behalf of government, for many years. A recent example of this work includes our development of a certified reference material for the immunosuppressant drug tacrolimus, to improve therapeutic drug monitoring following an organ transplant.
What are the benefits of out-sourcing research activities to LGC?
- Confidence; as the UK government’s designated National Measurement Laboratory and Designated Institute (DI) for chemical and bioanalytical measurement, LGC already performs the research at the forefront of analytical science that resolves a broad range of high-impact technical challenges
- Rapid delivery; LGC has a large, multi-disciplinary team of analytical experts and project managers that adopt a milestone-led approach for short turnaround times in set-up, research delivery and report-out.
- Unparalleled performance; access to a very broad range of the most up-to-date analytical testing platforms for gold-standard measurement accuracy and target characterization
- Flexible approach; LGC has the technical and operational framework required to accommodate broad variety of contracts in terms of measurement challenge and project length
- Robust; comprehensive programme of method validation for confirmation of accuracy and reliability of research results
- Novel intellectual property; proven, royalty-free HyBeacon molecular probe technology that delivers improved interrogation of DNA and RNA targets
Government services brochure
Overcoming Organ Rejection Case Study
Food with Thought Case Study