Meat speciation analysis
At LGC, we offer a low cost multi speciation service for raw and processed meats and meat products.
We utilise our patented PCR-based KASP™
genotyping technology with high throughput laboratory automation. This enables us to offer testing to the market at a lower cost than generally seen within the industry for DNA analysis.
The service offers the following key benefits:
- A lower cost multi speciation service for raw and processed meats and meat products (not canned products)
- Real Time PCR system utilising LGC’s KASP* genotyping technology with high throughput automation.
- Detects the following species – Beef, pork, horse, lamb, turkey, chicken and goat. We can also test for more exotic species such as turtle, fox and donkey.
- Provides customers with a presence / absence of each species to a specified detection level.
- For any samples with a presence, an indicative level of semi-quantification can be provided within a banding scale.