Handling, processability and performance of a material are dictated by its bulk physical properties. At LGC, we believe that characterisation and accurate measurement of crucial material attributes are an essential part of product development.
Whatever your phase of product development, we offer state-of-the-art measurements services in:
- Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) with Energy Dispersive X-ray (EDX)
- Particle sizing (Malvern and Sympatec: Wet and Dry methods)
- Particle shape by image analysis (QICPIC)
- Specific Surface Area by gas adsorption
- Specific Surface Energy analysis by IGC
- Density (bulk and tapped)
- Sieve testing
- Moisture content analysis
- Tablet hardness, friability and disintegration assessments
We can develop, validate and transfer methods for quality control, in-process or release testing of physical properties for:
- Drug substance
- Drug product
- Raw materials
We also have experience in reverse engineering oral and inhaled formulations of pharmaceutical products.
LGC's scientists are experts in physical property assessments with many years of industrial experience in supporting R&D, cGMP testing and manufacturing activities. You can rely on our high quality and accurate data, our technical experience and knowledge of regulatory environments.
Our capability includes NCE development for a variety of pharmaceutical dosage formulations such as tablets, capsules, parenterals and inhalables for clients in virtual, SME’s and large companies. In addition to physical properties characterisation, our analytical development and solid state characterisation services can be integrated seamlessly to successfully advance your project.
Whether you require routine analysis, solution to a challenge or get your product ‘right-first-time’, our dedicated and professional team is here to help you.