Biopharmaceuticals - Ligand Binding Assays (LBA)
LGC has established itself as a world-class leader in biopharmaceutical drug development through analytical excellence with over 200 scientists across three UK facilities.
Our dedicated Biopharmaceutical Bioanalytical team have developed an extensive range of ligand binding assays (LBAs). These assays are developed, validated and performed to the relevant regulatory guidelines of cGMP, GLP and GCP.
We have state-of-the art instrumentation in our laboratories offering pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and biological product assessment:
- Time-resolved fluorescence.
Immunogenicity – anti-drug antibody screening and neutralisation assays
Over the years we have contributed to a wide variety of biopharmaceutical drug developments programmes, working at the cutting edge of anti-drug antibody and neutralising antibody screening. Our experience includes:
- Monoclonal Antibodies (mAbs)
- Antibody fragments (Fab, nanobody, domain antibodies)
- Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs)
Methods and instrumentation
We will choose the most appropriate analytical tools for your specific compound and assay from our extensive range of techniques and platforms including:
- ELISA (absorbance, luminescence, fluorescence, HTRF)
- Gyrolab (Gyros)
- Erenna (Singulex)
- Electrochemiluminescence (MSD Sector Imager 6000)
- Flow cytometry (Beckman Coulter CytoFLEX)
- qPCR (Applied Biosystems ViiA 7).