Laboratory management - role of the Quality Manager and technical management
- Denham Grove
- 3 days
- £1270 + VAT, £1300 +VAT after March 2018
09 Jan 2018
24 Apr 2018
03 Jul 2018
16 Oct 2018
This training course covers the integration of the requirements of the laboratory accreditation standard, ISO/IEC 17025 within laboratory business processes. The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) provides this course.
Download the course programme.
What are the benefits?
The course will help you:
- Understand how the business processes of your laboratory can be combined effectively with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Understand the roles of the quality manager and technical management
The course will cover:
- Laboratory structure to ensure integrity and competence
- Quality management system as a framework for the business processes
- Laboratory facilities, services and supplies
- Ensuring competence - equipment
- Ensuring competence - reference materials.
- Personnel training and records
- The review process - tenders, contracts and requests
- Documentation and documentation control process
- Ensuring competence - test and calibration methods
- Handling of samples and items from customers for calibration and test.
- Ensuring competence - performance of calibration and tests
- Ensuring competence - management controls
- Identifying potential and actual non-conforming work
- Process of recording and storage retrieval of records
- Reporting results to client including opinions and interpretations
- Complaints process
Who should attend?
Personnel from accredited or applicant laboratories who have responsibility for the technical or quality management of the tests or calibration performed.