Further statistical tools for analytical scientists
- 1 day
09 May 2018
29 Nov 2018
Modern analytical instruments are capable of producing a large amount of data. To interpret this data effectively requires the application of statistics. This course builds on the topics covered in the ‘Statistics for analytical scientists’ course and includes some more advanced statistical tools. It will allow analysts to address issues such as identifying outliers in a data set, handling non-normal distributions of data and carrying out weighted and non-linear regression.
Download the course programme.
What are the benefits?
This course will help you:
- Deal with normal and non-normal distributions
- Identify cases of normally distributed data with outliers
- Calculate statistical parameters in the presence of probable outliers
- Identify where two-way ANOVA is appropriate
- Use some of the more advanced regression tools.
The course will cover:
- Handling of non-normal data
- Dealing with outliers
- Fitting non-linear functions
- Weighted regression
- Two-way ANOVA with and without replication.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at analytical scientists who have to plan experimental studies and/or make decisions based on sets of data. It is suitable for those who have a basic knowledge of statistics.