Elemental and trace analysis
Quantification of trace metals
LGC's scientists are highly skilled in the accurate quantification of trace metals in challenging matrices.
Our expertise in this area, combined with an array of modern technologies and detailed knowledge of regulatory issues in the pharmaceutical sector, makes LGC your ideal partner.
Heavy metals analysis
We offer trace and heavy metals analysis from ppm to ppt detection levels, depending on the technique used and the sample matrix. We can perform reliable and accurate analysis using ICP-OES and ICP-MS in accordance with ICH and USP guidelines. We offer speciation analysis for As, Hg and other elements to ensure compliance and to help investigate process chemistries and reaction studies.
Trace analysis can involve both complex sample extraction / preparation and target and screening analysis.
- Wet chemical digestion
- Microwave digestion
- Accelerated solvent extraction
- Inductively Coupled Plasma with Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma with Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Atomic Absorption (AA)
- Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption (GF-AA)
- Full metals screening - quantitative and qualitative
- Heavy Metals to USP 232/233
- Monograph testing
- Drug substance testing
- Finished product testing
- Raw materials testing
- Stability testing
- Container closure and packaging testing
- Silicone oil leachables testing
- Target metals analysis
- Metal speciation
- Finish product release testing
- Contamination analysis
For further information about elemental impurities testing please contact us
We also provide trace metals analysis for food