Anti-infective drug development and surveillance
Discovery and development of antimicrobials
We have more than 25 years’ experience in providing specialist microbiology services to support the discovery and development of antimicrobials. With a flexible and innovative approach, from microbiological to bioanalytical projects, we are focused on providing you with the answers to help progress your goals.
Large collection of isolates
We have a large collection of clinical isolates on site, which enable us to create very broad panels of a wide variety of characterised isolates, including tailored panels containing resistant genotypes/phenotypes.
Specialist microbiology services
Our team of microbiologists provide a bespoke and specialised service. Supporting all phases of the drug development
pipeline, with particular strengths in discovery screening, preclinical efficacy and safety, veterinary products and clinical trials support.
We will help you to identify your lead molecules and ensure their efficacy before and after launch:
- Susceptibility profiling via minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) testing
- Minimum bactericidal concentration (MBCs)
- Time-kill analysis and post antibiotic effect
- Resistance development potential determination via serial passage and/or single step mutation frequency testing
- Checkerboard synergy/antagonism testing
Within these fields we have capabilities to test a wide range of bacteria, fungi and viruses and are experienced in bacterial and fungal speciation using MALDI ToF. We have experience of working with pathogens from animal and human sources.
Antimicrobial susceptibility surveillance – Human or animal, global or local
We have conducted surveillance studies since the 1990s and have significant experience in this field.
- Small, local surveillance - collecting a small number of isolates, a specific type of isolate or from one geographical region
- Big multinational studies - multiple species collected globally, tested against a broad antimicrobial panel with experience of isolate collection from developing world nations.
Our GLP accredited site with a containment level 3 facility has dedicated laboratories for microbiology, molecular biology, immunochemistry
and mass spectrometry,
supporting all phases of drug development.
Our molecular microbiology
team can further elucidate bacterial resistance profiles, via the detection of a wide range of resistance gene markers via PCR/qPCR. We also have expertise in bacterial species enumeration from clinical samples using qPCR.
To discuss your project with our team of specialists or to find out more, please contact us