Anabolic steroid testing service
LGC's anabolic steroid testing service is based on methodology developed at our Fordham laboratory, a former WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) accredited laboratory testing for doping substances, including anabolic steroids, in human sports.
Our steroid testing service is based on a combination of GC-MS and High Resolution Accurate Mass (HRAM) LC-MS. In addition to steroids, other compounds are included in the screen that have hormone agonist or modulator activity such as clenbuterol and other β agonists, anastrazole, raloxifene, letrazole, clomifene, finasteride and dutasteride.
We offer analysis of urine samples
for the routine detection of steroids in addition to serum/plasma and hair samples on request.
Steroid testing features
- Testing carried out to WADA guidelines
- Full WADA panel available, additional substances available on request
- Results available within 5 working days
- Expert collection of samples using easy to use, robust and confidential chain- of-custody procedures
- Secure, barcoded kits for collecting samples
- Sample collection kits
Urine sample collection kits
LGC's urine samples collection kits contain everything you need to collect a sample and return it to the laboratory under chain of custody including:
- Collection gallipot with temperature strip
- 2 sample bottles to facilitate the ‘A’ and ‘B’ sample plus a small aliquot tube for testing
- Barcode labels and tamper evident seals
- Laboratory test request form
- Tamper evident sample bag
- Postage bag
Please download a copy of our steroid testing fact sheet
or contact us
for further information.