Hair testing services for drug analysis
Hair drug testing
From traditional drugs of abuse to the evolving threats of New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) and steroids.
Hair testing affords a greater degree of confidence for an employer as it provides a historical record of drug abuse over an extended period of time (up to 3 months).
Hair analysis can be used for a range of applications including, pre-employment screening and rehabilitation programmes.
Benefits of using hair for drug analysis
Hair analysis is an ideal matrix for testing as:
- It provides an extended period of drug detection
- Sample collection is non-invasive, requiring no specialist personnel or storage conditions
- Requires relatively small sample size.
Benefits of using LGC for your drug testing requirements
- LGC’s standard workplace screen utilises a highly-sensitive LC-MS/MS procedure allowing definitive identification of analytes. Traditional analysis offered by other service providers relies on immunoassay-based techniques which are less specific and generally only indicate the presence of a drug class
- Fast turnaround of screening results
- All confirmatory data is produced to legally defensible standards. A positive result is reported to the client within 10 working days
- ‘B’ sample analysis can also be performed
- Expert testimony for court attendance and tribunals
- LGC’s history of high-quality analytical services can be traced back to 1842. We apply a wealth of scientific techniques, skills and expertise to help organisations eliminate drug abuse from the workplace.
Drugs of abuse testing
LGC offers the standard drugs of abuse testing service and follows internationally recognised guidelines/directives produced by the Society of Hair Testing (SoHT) and the European Workplace Drug Testing Society (EWDTS).
Traditional drugs of abuse include: amphetamines, cannabis, cocaine, opiates and benzodiazepines.
Enhanced testing to adapt to new threats
LGC also offers a specialised workplace testing service covering substances such as steroids and metabolites (including designer), new psychoactive substances (NPS) as well as the traditional drugs of abuse.
To find out more, download a copy of our hair testing fact sheet
or contact us