A document becomes questioned when some aspect of its authorship, origin or authenticity is unknown, and needs to be determined. A questioned document may also contain a wealth of unseen evidence that can be detected using a range of complementary analyses techniques and specialised equipment.
Our forensic team can examine many aspects of handwritten, typed, photocopied, printed and computer generated documents. These can include:
- Legal documents, marriage certificates, pre-nuptial agreements and employment contracts.
- Financial and security documents, credit card application forms, mortgage agreements, banknotes, bonds and vouchers.
- Personal identification papers, passports and work permits
- Counterfeit cheques
- Benefit claim forms
- Anonymous or malicious letters suicide notes
- Agreements such as sale receipts and contacts
- Ransom notes and threat letters
To find out more about Questioned documents or to read more about LGC's comprehensive range of computer forensic services please follow the link opposite.