High Accuracy Calibration
Using the capabilities within our National Measurement Laboratory and Designated Institute
function, we are able to apply primary methods for high accuracy calibration services with full traceability to international standards. Higher-order analytical methods such as isotope dilution mass spectrometry are utilized to provide an analytical service that is fully traceable to SI units. This service can be used to provide high accuracy reference values to samples for use in comparison studies, proficiency testing schemes or as in-house QC materials. Examples include immune-suppressants in blood and alcohol testing for breath analysers.
LGC perates diverse and global proficiency testing (PT) schemes for the food & beverage, environmental, clinical, forensic, petrochemical, industrial, and consumer safety sectors. PT program participation enables laboratories to monitor the quality of their chemical, microbiological, clinical and physical analytical measurements, and thereby facilitates accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 15189. A secure web based reporting system [“PORTAL” (Proficiency Online Reporting and Trend AnaLysis], provides easy and quick access for participants to submit results, obtain their PT reports and undertake statistical performance trending. The majority of the PT schemes are accredited to the international competency standard for proficiency testing, ISO/IEC 17043, by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS, certificate number: 0001). In addition to the wide variety of PT catalogue items, LGC also provides managed solutions for in-house proficiency testing and training for participants and their customers.
With expertise in a wide range of aspects of analytical science, we provide consultancy, advice and training
on all of the following:
- the use & commutability of reference materials,
- calculation of measurement uncertainty,
- method validation
- specific analytical techniques such as mass spectrometry, HPLC, ICP and XRF
- methodology for consumer product (CPSC-USA) testing protocols for children’s items.
- specialized petrochemical and biofuels testing techniques, including impurities and tribology.
- ISO standards and other sector based standards and regulations, including ISO/IEC 17025, ISO Guide 34, GMP and GLP.