Senior Scientist Protein LC-MS Bioanalyst
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2017
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist
to join our Bioanalysis group to support regulated (GLP/GCP) protein and peptide bioanalysis projects.
- Degree in chemistry, pharmacology or related subject
- Ability to work as part of a fast paced team of Scientists and Senior Scientists to deliver high quality bioanalytical services to agreed deadlines
- A focus on delivery of excellent customer service through good written and verbal communication skills
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a bioanalytical laboratory with proteins / peptides
- Experience in protein / peptide bioanalytical method development and troubleshooting (LC-MS/MS)
- Familiarity with the regulatory guidelines associated with bioanalytical work
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience with high resolution mass spectrometry /structural elucidation/immunoaffinity/ multi-dimensional LC / peptide identification
- Understanding of protein chemistry / proteomics / ligand binding assays.
- Have a good understanding of the commercial aspects of working in a CRO
- Willing to get involved with new ideas and initiatives
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To apply, please forward your CV together with a covering email stating why you are interested in this role to email@example.com
- The senior scientist will be working in a team of Scientists and Senior Scientists who are responsible for the timely delivery of bioanalytical services to our customers, primarily supporting protein and peptide based projects.
- Method development, validation, sample analysis, troubleshooting and investigating new technologies are key functions of the role.
- Some sponsor communication is required.