Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist- Method Development Large Molecule Bioanalysis
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2017
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
Do you want to lead bioanalytical Method Development programmes for pharmaceutical industry clients? We are looking for candidates to take ownership of projects, working directly with our clients to deliver high quality bioanalytical data.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Method Development Scientist to join our growing Large Molecule Bioanalysis department. You will play a key role in helping deliver our vision of “Science for a Safer World”.
We work with pharmaceutical/Biopharmaceutical companies to support the safe development of new medicines for diseases such as COPD, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s Disease or Cancer. We use innovative analytical methodology and the expertise of our analytical scientists to speed up the discovery of new medicines. We perform pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, immunogenicity and molecular biology studies in support of pre-clinical and clinical trials for a wide variety of clients and therapeutic areas.
The Large Molecule Bioanalysis group operates a well-equipped laboratory and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art analytical instrumentation. It is GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliant.
Responsibility for scientific and assay development strategies in the areas of PK, immunogenicity, biomarker, cell biology within the Large Molecule Bioanalysis group; keep up to date with latest instrumentation and scientific best practice
Essential Background and Experience:-
- To lead a team of Scientists in the development and validation of challenging methods, using expert knowledge to deliver quality methods on-time
- Provide troubleshooting expertise, as required, across multiple immunoassay methods and platforms
- Work closely with large molecule bioanalysis colleagues to ensure delivery of high quality data to customers
- Deliver scientific training within the group and present internally on best practices
- Enhance LGC’s reputation via conference presentations and publications in peer-reviewed journals
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing novel, qualitative and quantitative immunoassay methods in a GLP/GCP bioanalytical setting across multiple assay platforms
- Experience of assay development and validation across multiple platforms including ELISA, MSD, Gyrolab, Singulex Erenna and Luminex
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the FDA and EMA Guidances for Bioanalytical Method Validation
- Commercially aware; sound understanding of the CRO environment
- Ability to communicate complex scientific information clearly and concisely
- Credibility and reputation among industry peers; able to influence and lead internally and externally
- Good administrative experience involving direct customer contact within a busy office/reception/laboratory environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent IT skills - Excel, Word, Outlook and in-house systems
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
To apply, please forward a copy of your CV together with a covering letter stating why you are interested in this role to Careers.Mailbox@lgcgroup.com
- Full commitment to and demonstration of upholding LGC values, respect, brilliance, passion, curiosity, integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and pro-active attitude
- Good organisational skills