Business Development Manager
- Fordham, Cambridgeshire
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2017
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
• Responsibility for the development of new relationships with potential clients, nurturing those with existing clients, understanding their requirements in relation to all Drug Development Services (DDS) and carrying out all activities required to ensure a pipeline of orders and client base in line with agreed overall business and personal targets.
• Deal with all enquiries quickly and efficiently, by demonstrating proficiency in all aspects of the Business Development process and preparing proposals with limited input from relevant operational colleagues by demonstrating an in depth understanding of the four Primary Service lines within DDS (Small Molecule Bioanalysis, Biologicals, Microbiology and Chemistry Manufacture and Controls - CMC).
• Contribute to the delivery of the commercial strategy for all DDS service areas, focused principally on revenues growth and new business.
• To define and deliver the commercial strategy for the Small Molecule Bioanalysis or Large Molecule Bioanalysis area of DDS.
• New business development - vigorously seek new business development opportunities for DDS with a keen focus on developing relationships with, and winning new clients in target regions and service areas.
• Existing client management - working closely with operational colleagues, nurturing relationships with existing clients to maintain an up to date knowledge of their requirements in relation to DDS and broader LGC services.
• Managing the commercial processes - work closely with operational and other business development colleagues to lead all commercial activities and processes required to maximise business opportunities. Administer sponsor orders and accurately communicate all relevant information with operational colleagues.
• Strategic service area support - work closely with key operational and other business development colleagues to support and contribute appropriate operational, marketing and sales strategies that maximise our competitive positioning and ability to grow profitable business.
We are seeking applications from candidates who have a good understanding of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries and the drug development process, coupled with an in depth knowledge of the outsourcing market for bioanalytical and other laboratory/clinical services.
Candidates must also have relevant commercial experience gained within a technical sales and/or client relationship management role, ideally within a contract research environment.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV together with a covering email stating why you are interested in this role to Careers.Mailbox@lgcgroup.com.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.