Biochemist (2 x roles - 1 FTC and 1 Permanent)
- Closing Date:
- 21 Dec 2017
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
The preparation and testing of samples for clinical and forensic PT/EQA schemes, ensuring that defined criteria and deadlines are met. Contribute to development projects.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Undertake the production of PT/EQA test samples and the associated quality control assessments.
- Control stock and purchase of laboratory consumables
- Monitor and prioritise work according to production and reporting deadlines
- Maintain laboratory records and documents according to current procedures
- Carry out development project work as allocated and actively coordinate development work accordingly.
- Contribute to achievement of current team and individual objectives
- Conform to laboratory and company health and safety procedures and prepare COSHH assessments.
- Actively identify areas for improvement, with respect to laboratory efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Carry out additional duties or tasks, as directed, that are commensurate with the role and position
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance may be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance.
This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
- Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, preferable chemistry, biochemistry or related subject level, or an appropriate level of experience
- Proven track record of working within a laboratory environment
- Organisational ability
- Methodical and precise approach
- Flexible and adaptable
- Computer literate
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Previous experience of working with biological fluids advantageous
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com