Technical Sales Manager
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2017
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
This role is responsible for managing the technical sales resources to support the company’s sales performance goals. This professional plays a critical role through the coordination of technical sales support during the sales process and managing activities between direct sales and the R&D, Operations and Production teams.
This role will require a blend of laboratory process knowledge, understanding of scientific techniques and associated applications, consultative discovery skills, client communications, client management and service, product expertise, critical thinking, and team selling skills.
This position will collaborate with Company Executives, Sales Management, Client Executives, Operations Managers, Scientific support professionals, and other LGC team members in the sales process.
To manage the resources and actively provide support for technical sales assistance to achieve the company’s revenue and margin goals. This role will involve the management of technical sales personnel in cooperation with the Director of Sales to support client discovery from the C-level executive suite to the laboratory floor, determining relevant solutions, quantifying the value proposition, assisting with proposal development, and implementation planning to achieve sales results. This will be a player / coach role as the team develops and dealing with clients directly.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Manage Technical support team resources accordingly to full fill overall objectives
- Support commercial team in Strategic and development B2B accounts with key projects involving Oligo products
- Ability to articulate and present the capabilities of LGC and specifically the Biosearch solutions to customers
- Travel with Commercial team to key customers
- Present more in depth capabilities
- Actively participate in discussion/dialogue on the detailed scientific topic and add value while supporting client in areas that LGC Biosearch can assist
- Become directly involved in larger projects
- Project Management
- Central point to coordinate Strategic Account projects by working closely with scientific support team with Biosearch and be link between this team and commercial.
- Keep track of all large projects and ensure they progressing accordingly
- Must have a strong understanding of qPCR, including different chemistries/probe types, their applications, strengths and weaknesses, design considerations, etc
- Must have a basic understanding of Next Generation Sequencing technologies
- Must have a basic understanding of the general use of Oligo’s in molecular biology and a willingness to self-educate on new and emerging applications
- Some understanding of oligonucleotide production methods preferred, and a willingness to learn the basics of oligo production is essential
- Team player
- Analytical and organised in managing and delivering robust consistent performance
- Inspires trust, respect and a clear sense of the purpose and values of the business through role modelling
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative relationships internally, externally and across organisational boundaries
- Demonstrate resilience in achieving goals/targets
- Appropriately challenges the status quo
- Influence and persuade people at all levels of the organization
Essential competencies and behaviours:
- Must have a B.S. in life sciences, advanced degree preferred
- Must have experience evaluating and implementing transactions within the genomics sector
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiating skills essential
- Must have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a fast moving dynamic organisation
- Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviours: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply, please use the following URL: