Senior R&D Project Manager
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
As an experienced Project Manager you will become an integral part of our R+D team. This exciting new role will give the Project Manager an excellent opportunity to work on varied products where the project team resource may span across a number of functional areas and countries.
Your primary focus will be end to end project management of R+D projects or leading New Product Development projects with full responsibility for the development and realization of the next generation products on time and to specification.
The project manager will lead the project management of allocated projects on-time, within budget, to agreed quality standards and other stipulated criteria according to LGC Genomics’ project delivery approach.
Working with global cross-functional project teams including members from R+D, operations, marketing and sales and potentially business stakeholders and external partners you will deliver the project in alignment with overarching strategy.
You will use appropriate project management tools, communication plans and risk management techniques to create rigor in project planning and execution for specified projects at all development stages enabling project delivery in line with time, financial and quality requirements.
You will be expected to influence the shaping of the requirements of the project delivery approach across the genomics R+D organisation and devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management within the framework of the organisation.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient stakeholder management building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships internally, externally and across organisational boundaries
• The ability to influence individuals without having direct authority over them
• Excellent communication skills in order to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers, colleagues and suppliers
• Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and project opportunities
• Ability to multitask and work to demanding and changing schedules and priorities
• Highly organized and able to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline
• A recognised project management qualification (e.g. PRINCE, PMI PMP)
• Minimum of five years proven experience leading large, global, multi-discipline R&D or product development projects that include both business and technical resource, ideally within the pharmaceutical, AgBio life sciences or diagnostics arena
• Experience managing projects from initial inception through to delivery and benefits realisation, including cost/schedule performance, risk management and metrics reporting
• Product development experience with demonstrable knowledge of Quality Management Systems and experience ensuring compliance to ISO and Regulatory requirements
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, ERP systems e.g. IFS, SAP
General: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel, Sharepoint
Essential competencies and behaviors:
• Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviors: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply, please use the following URL: