Scientist, Oligonucleotide Process Development
- Petaluma, CA
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, this position requires a talented and self-managing individual to work closely with members of the Process Development, Manufacturing and Research and Development groups with the objective of providing robust, complete processes.
This role is responsible for scoping, planning, execution of development projects pertaining to DNA synthesis, purification, formulation and analytics. The ideal candidate will be able to gather requirements from stakeholders in both operations and R&D, develop robust processes, and transfer those processes to manufacturing groups. This position requires an individual that is self-motivated, thinks independently, demonstrates curiosity, and is passionate toward their work. This person may be called upon to assist other groups such as Research and Development, GMP Oligonucleotide Manufacturing and Research Grade Oligonucleotide Manufacturing as needed.
• Gather stakeholder requirements, develop clear project goals, execute development experiments, verify results, and draft qualification and continued verification documents
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current and past literature related to oligonucleotide synthesis, purification and analytical methods
• Demonstrate working knowledge of all production scale processes and provide input for process optimization and scale up
• Learn and understand common process development tools and incorporate them into projects
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with modern DNA synthesis, purification and analytical platforms is preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively and self-manage daily tasks
• Use of a QbD approach, including goal definition, DOE, risk assessment and process control implementation is preferred
• Proficiency in statistics software such as JMP or Minitab is preferred
• Experience with cGMP, FDA regulatory requirements, and U.S. Pharmacopeia Convention (USP) practices preferred but not essential
• B.S. in Chemistry (or related field) with 6-8 years of relevant experience or an M.S. with 4-6 years of relevant experience or with 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Experience in DNA synthesis, purification and formulation in a development setting
• Familiarity with analytical techniques such as LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, KF, etc.
Essential competencies and behaviors:
- Microsoft Office
• Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviors: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply, please use the following URL:
External link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=LGCBTI&jobId=187545&lang=en_US&source=CC3