- Closing Date:
- 16 Feb 2018
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
This role is responsible for tasks associated with the processing of customers’ orders. The position involves sending quotations to customers, analysing their purchase orders, inputting the data into an order entry system and preparing sequence information for database import. The position also responds to incoming phone calls and emails from customers seeking to place orders or seeking information regarding their orders.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Analyze and process customer quotations and purchase orders. Enter orders into the sales order system and prepare sequence information for database import using Excel.
- Import daily orders into FileMaker database, perform double-check for accuracy and make corrections as necessary.
- Assign oligos to the proper lab machine for synthesis.
- Take customer phone calls for order placement, order status, and pricing information.
- Provide general customer support via phone and email regarding their orders and our products and services.
- Generate, review, and send order confirmations and quotations.
- File customer communications in Outlook.
- Train and cross-train in the everyday functions of the department, within and outside of FileMaker.
- Track all custom orders daily, noting all late orders and remakes for special handling in the absence of the Custom Order Supervisor.
- Assist with miscellaneous other duties related to the work of the department, as assigned.
- A positive and caring approach to our customers. We strive to give our customers the best customer service possible.
- Extraordinary attention to detail for both customer requirements and departmental procedures, with a commitment to accuracy.
- Flexibility as our department evolves in order to meet new customer and company needs.
- The ability to be highly organized and thrive in a busy, multi-tasking environment.
- Patience and an appreciation for learning every day, with the goal of continuous improvement.
- The aptitude to learn quickly and retain new information.
- The capability to work independently and as team player; professionally giving and receiving helpful feedback.
B.A. or B.S. in a scientific field is preferred. Candidates with a high school diploma and 2 or more years’ experience in customer service and/or a related scientific field will be considered.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel
Essential competencies and behaviors:
- Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviors: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply, please use the following URL: