- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
This role is responsible for PLC programming and development to support automation of production equipment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Interface with project managers and contractors, review and verify controls documentation.
- Write and maintain documentation of PLC systems and associated equipment.
- Stay abreast of recent PLC and automation advancements.
- Provide technical and process support to manufacturing groups as needed.
- Read logic diagrams and create ladder logic.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair the PLC system.
- Interface with a multidisciplinary team of quality professionals, scientists, engineers and information technology professionals, with the aim of ensuring robust manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with Siemens TIA portal or similar programs.
- Experience with Wonderware System Platform with Historian is a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO:9001, ISO:13485 and 21 CFR Part 820 is a plus.
- Chemistry education and experience is desirable.
B.S. in an Engineering field. PLC programming experience is a must. Significant experience in PLC programming can substitute for a B.S. in engineering.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Essential competencies and behaviors:
- Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviors: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply, please use the following URL: