Oligonucleotide Production Support Lead
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
This role is responsible for ensuring that support processes are performed in compliance with company procedures, scheduling the activities of team members and participating in day to day production support processes. An Oligonucleotide Production Support Lead can be called on to work in any production shift in the Oligo Production department.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Lead Lab assistant team members, prioritize, and perform production lab support processes.
- Ensure custom production lab support priorities are completed by:
- Understanding daily work load
- Appropriately scheduling resources
- Effectively communicating with supervisors, managers, technicians, and lab assistant team members on daily priorities and any issues that will negatively impact daily goals
- Lead maintenance activities (instrument maintenance/calibration and lab cleaning) in key production lab areas, including:
- Custom production labs, including instrumentation and work areas
- Chemical service yard
- Oversee custom production lab support processes:
- Reagent availability
- Chemical and Consumable inventory is properly stocked
- Custom Production Lab cleanliness and waste container monitoring
- Participate in the transfer of production samples from one vessel to another.
- Remove production samples from dryer, sort and quarantine non-conforming material and scan conforming material into shipping locations.
- Write, maintain, and update documented procedures, maintenance protocols and reports as directed by supervisor/manager.
- Independently train new employees to proficiency in job duties as directed by supervisor/ manager.
- Other duties as assigned
Professional presence and strong attention to detail is required Technical proficiency that enables effective leadership. Strong communication and problem solving abilities are necessary.
This position requires a High School diploma and 3+ years of work experience with 1 year in a leadership position, and/or demonstrates proficiency to meet the requirements of an Oligonucleotide Production Shift Lead.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Essential competencies and behaviors:
- Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviors: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply, please use the following URL: