HR & Payroll Assistant x 2
REF: LGCINT17-398 & 399
- Manchester, New Hampshire US
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
An exciting opportunity for a HR & Payroll Support Assistant based in our Manchester office . The role will support the Human Resources department in the areas of recruitment, on-boarding, payroll preparation, benefits administration, immigration management, and general support of HR systems and practices. This individual will own the maintenance and organization of the HRIS systems and all paper and electronic personnel records to ensure compliance. These systems and practices will support an employee-oriented, high performance culture that aligns with the LGC mission and shared values.
The HR & Payroll Support assistant will support the department’s imperatives driven by the company’s strategy and play a vital role in nurturing the company’s culture. This position will also be instrumental in increasing overall employee engagement and satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
- Manage and prepare and show ownership of payroll in a timely and accurate manner across multiple locations in North America
- Timely and accurate data input and transfer for all employee data across HR systems, payroll systems and in-house Quality Management Systems
- Own management of benefits administration, including but not limited to entering in enrollment forms, auditing information from time to time to ensure accuracy, and assisting employees with needs
- Support the HR Business Partner in all benefit related reporting and preparation for annual enrollments
- Keep accurate records and audit information for the US locations ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations
- Compile data for the periodic 401k reporting, annual 40K audit, 1-9 audits, EEO-1 report Reporting by requested due dates
- Provide recruitment administrative support including tracking vacancies, advertising internal and external vacancies, scheduling interviews, conducting telephone and face to face interviews, setting up pre-employment drug testing and background checks and updating job descriptions
- Complete employment verifications when requested
- Manage the new hire and termination administrative process, including but not limited to COBRA notifications, exit interviews, offer letters, I-9 completion, etc.
- Produce ad hoc HR statistics/reporting as required
- Maintain up to date organization charts and manage their upload to the Company intranet
- Support HR Business Partner and HR Manager in the implementation and roll out of HR initiatives which require adjustments to processes and adapting current local processes to those of wider LGC HR team
- Assist with general HR issues when required in a professional, approachable and results orientated manner
- Support the HR Business Partner and HR Manager with general administration
- Liaise with Finance and other critical internal customers to maintain strong Audit and triple check all data, invoices, and any other information that falls within the purview of this position
- Assist with initiative surrounding wellness, the employee committee, and the LGC fundraiser
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and 2-4 years HR experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office experience and ability to run reports and work within Excel heavily
This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
- Able to work effectively and collaborate as a team
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete work, find efficiencies where needed, and display accountability and ownership for responsibilities within function
- Excellent attention to detail and high accuracy in work that is completed Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise, organise and coordinate all workload
- High interpersonal confidence supported by excellent customer facing and client interaction skills
- Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources and time
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Proactive enthusiastic attitude and demonstrable commitment
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com