Director of Operations and Integrations
- Manchetser, NH
- Closing Date:
- 15 Dec 2017
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics reagents and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
Reporting to the managing Director and closely collaborating with his/her peers, the individual in this role will be responsible for enhancing the internal organization processes and infrastructure that will allow LGC Standards to continue grow and fulfill its mission with regard to supply chain, logistics, warehouse processes, compliance and export. The individual will also support and advise the managing Director in key decision making.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Key results areas:
- Ensure that infrastructure, processes, and resources will be in place to ensure growth, quality, and service level agreements with internal and external contractors within the set budget
- Provide monthly reports on progress against all budgets and KPI’s
- Pro-actively increase supply chain efficiency by adjusting internal processes and negotiating with service contractors
- Provide continuous leadership for the managers and supervisors who oversee production of LGC’s chemical certified reference materials, warehouse operations, purchasing and facilities
- Lead by the LGC core values on a day to day basis and manage team to be collaborative, efficient, and values based
- Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and in line with the business goals and values of LGC
- Effectively manage, evaluate and direct the work of a team of 25-30 employees
- Manage all aspects of warehouse operations, manage purchasing activities
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, strategic initiatives, objectives, policies and priorities for assigned areas of responsibility
- Develop, manage and monitor department budgets for areas of responsibility
- Develop and manage systems, policies and procedures to standardize and enhance operational efficiency throughout their organization
- Oversee and manage CI and risk management in assigned areas of responsibility
- Oversee purchasing and procurement, apply for and maximize discount programs, ensure efficient and streamlined processes and procedures
- Negotiate contracts with various vendors and suppliers
- Must be able to independently determine needs and oversee performance of a wide range of administrative and technical assignments associated with operations and facilities
- Provide period assistance and project management associated with integrating new acquisitions into LGC Standards
- Manage maintenance of facilities, including routine maintenance and operations, construction and renovations, capital planning and improvement projects, utilities, safety, security and sustainability
A BS in Chemistry is preferred, along with strong project management skills and 10+ years experience in operations and facility management. This individual will have excellent people skills with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team. Most importantly, this individual with have people qualities that align with our core values.
This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
To apply, please forward your CV to Joanna.Kolinek@lgcgroup.com