CPG Manufacturing Technician I
REF: VAC - 169
- Closing Date:
- 31 Dec 2017
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
This role is responsible for the manufacturing of Controlled Pored Glass (CPG) materials by following established and robust protocols. CPG material manufacturing would include active site modification of native CPG at various angstrom sizes as well as modification with proprietary dyes and quenchers. The CPG Tech I will also be responsible for the manufacturing, upkeep, and repair of basic CPG reactors used in these processes.
• Perform assigned tasks using the established protocols and methods on the appropriate equipment and within the given final specifications and timeline
• Responsible for the manufacturing of robust protocols by demonstrating a working knowledge of routine tasks while providing support and assistance for critical tasks
• Continuously replenish inventory of CPG products as assigned by CPG Manufacturing Supervisor
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with Chemical Production team members, affected employees in other departments, and the CPG Manufacturing Supervisor to assure the most efficient use of time and resources
• Effectively communicate with supervisor to ensure all equipment is functional and available for use
• As needed, ensure the availability of raw materials and equipment to complete tasks in a timely manner that complies with internal and external customer requirements
• Make recommendations to supervisor as necessary regarding resources required to meet objectives and timelines, including materials, equipment, employee assistance, and work space
• Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work space
• Comply with all company, departmental, and regulatory policies and rules
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent understanding of laboratory safety, chemical safety, and general safety practices in a manufacturing environment
• Competent with chemical calculations for molarity, density, and use of the metric system
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible and proactive
• Good computer and data entry skills
This position requires either a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry with 0-2 years’ industry experience in a laboratory setting, 2-4 years of industry experience without a degree or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates proficiency to meet the requirements of a CPG Manufacturing Technician I.
Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel
Use of a web browser
Essential competencies and behaviors:
• Resonates and operates in line with LGC’s core value behaviors: Respect, Integrity, Passion, Curiosity and Brilliance
LGC Biosearch Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To apply, please use the following URL: