- Manchester, NH
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
LGC provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics reagents and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Our customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
Responsible for compliance to all US import and controlled substance regulations for site MANC.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
- Know and apply regulations for importing into US and keep up-to-date with changes. Regulations include FDA, EPA, USDA, NRC, DEA, and CBP.
- Classify products per US regulations for proper import procedure and documentation. Maintain Compliance spreadsheets for classifications. Update IFS based on part classification.
- Help clear delayed packages. Institute process changes to avoid delays.
- Responsible for APHIS permits and DEA controlled substance registration applications and keeping them current.
- Assist in the processing of controlled substance orders. Apply for import documentation or provide application details, checking that documentation is correct and working with UK Compliance and customer to complete import.
- Keep records and report to DEA per DEA requirements for drug precursors, imports through ARCOS, DEA exempt product imports, and 222 forms.
- Maintain SOP’s for US Compliance activities.
- Exemplify the LGC core values on a day to day basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, degree in Chemistry or Biology preferred. 1-3 years directly related experience required.
- Competent using MS Office software especially Excel.
- Desk.com knowledge a plus.
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and mostly an individual contributor but also able to work with a team when needed. Must possess excellent attention to detail and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills. Expected to be able to read and interpret regulations and apply them to classifications.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org