LGC is a world leading international life sciences company; science is at the heart of all we do to make the world a safer place. We are actively looking for individuals that are passionate about making a difference, eager to learn and work hard and this will be supported via onsite training which will result in gaining a recognised qualification.
An apprenticeship with LGC is a genuine alternative to university as you can start earning and learning at the same time. You will be working alongside experts in their field who will nurture, guide, support and provide you with the necessary requirements needed for the job which can be skills you will then have for life.
“An apprenticeship is a great way to get an education without a mountain of debt” - Liam, Science Apprentice, LGC Fordham
At LGC you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your apprenticeship and funded training relevant to your role. When you complete your Apprenticeship, you’ll receive a nationally recognised qualifications and support to help you continue your career with us.
Why an apprenticeship
- An accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry-recognised professional qualification.
- On the job training supporting development in new skills to gain career experience gain experience.
- A competitive starting salary which will rise as you continue to increase your performance and contribution to our success
- Apprenticeships are open to all ages who want to learn a new skill whilst earning a full time salary.
- Flexible benefit packages, generous holiday entitlement and seasonal discounts through Perkbox.
- Are you looking for the chance to build something long-term, and get support to learn the technical skills you need to build a career in the life sciences industry?
- Are you ready to be customer focused and see how LGC helps change people’s lives and makes a difference to society?
- Are you prepared to invest time and effort to study for professional qualifications relevant to your role?
- Do your attitude and your personal attributes reflect LGC’s values and behaviours?
What will it be like?
Our apprentices often talk about the variety, challenge and the chance to learn on the job, but it’s also fun and rewarding, with plenty of responsibility, and even the chance to raise money for charity and become a STEM ambassador. What’s more, you get all the benefits and rewards you’d expect from a world-renowned company – including genuine career prospects.
We are well looked after and we get a lot of support from our line managers”
- Billie, Science Apprentice, LGC Fordham